The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5397|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hm#n|| ||N@shamah|
| ||blast, breath, breathes, life, persons alive, spirit, who breathed|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Isa 2:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Stop regarding man, whose breath of life is in his nostrils; For why should he be esteemed?
- Isa 30:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For Topheth has long been ready, Indeed, it has been prepared for the king. He has made it deep and large, A pyre of fire with plenty of wood; The breath of the LORD, like a torrent of brimstone, sets it afire.
- Isa 42:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread out the earth and its offspring, Who gives breath to the people on it And spirit to those who walk in it,
- Isa 57:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "ForI will not contend forever, Nor willI always be angry; For the spirit would grow faint before Me, And the breath of those whomI have made.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for N@shamah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".