The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5397|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hm#n|| ||N@shamah|
| ||blast, breath, breathes, life, persons alive, spirit, who breathed|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Jos 10:40 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus Joshua struck all the land, the hill country and the Negev and the lowland and the slopes and all their kings. He left no survivor, but he utterly destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded.
- Jos 11:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They struck every person who was in it with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them; there was no one left who breathed. And he burned Hazor with fire.
- Jos 11:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- All the spoil of these cities and the cattle, the sons of Israel took as their plunder; but they struck every man with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them. They left no one who breathed.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for N@shamah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".