The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5595|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hps|| ||Caphah|
| ||add, captured, destroy, heap, perish, remove, snatched away, sweep away, swept away|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- 1Sa 12:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "But if you still do wickedly, both you and your king will be swept away ."
- 1Sa 26:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- David also said, "As the LORD lives, surely the LORD will strike him, or his day will come that he dies, or he will go down into battle and perish.
- 1Sa 27:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then David said to himself, "NowI will perish one day by the hand of Saul. There is nothing better for me than to escape into the land of the Philistines. Saul then will despair of searching for me anymore in all the territory of Israel, andI will escape from his hand ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Caphah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".