The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5595|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hps|| ||Caphah|
| ||add, captured, destroy, heap, perish, remove, snatched away, sweep away, swept away|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Ge 18:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Abraham came near and said, "Will You indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked?
- Ge 18:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will You indeed sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are in it?
- Ge 19:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When morning dawned, the angels urged Lot, saying, "Up, take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away in the punishment of the city ."
- Ge 19:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When they had brought them outside, one said, "Escape for your life! Do not look behind you, and do not stay anywhere in the valley; escape to the mountains, or you will be swept away ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Caphah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".