The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 743|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)tdyr)|| ||'Ariydatha'|
| ||Aridatha, lion, lion's, lions|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- 1Ki 13:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now when he had gone, a lion met him on the way and killed him, and his body was thrown on the road, with the donkey standing beside it; the lion also was standing beside the body.
- 1Ki 13:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And behold, men passed by and saw the body thrown on the road, and the lion standing beside the body; so they came and told it in the city where the old prophet lived.
- 1Ki 13:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now when the prophet who brought him back from the way heard it, he said, "It is the man of God, who disobeyed the command of the LORD; therefore the LORD has given him to the lion, which has torn him and killed him, according to the word of the LORD which He spoke to him."
- 1Ki 13:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He went and found his body thrown on the road with the donkey and the lion standing beside the body; the lion had not eaten the body nor torn the donkey.
- 1Ki 20:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then he said to him, "Because you have not listened to the voice of the LORD, behold, as soon as you have departed from me, a lion will kill you." And as soon as he had departed from him a lion found him and killed him.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'Ariydatha'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".