The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7488|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||an(r|| ||Ra`anan|
| ||fresh, green, luxuriant, very green|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Jer 2:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "For long agoI broke your yoke And tore off your bonds; But you said, 'I will not serve !' For on every high hill And under every green tree You have lain down as a harlot.
- Jer 3:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the LORD said to me in the days of Josiah the king, "Have you seen what faithless Israel did? She went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and she was a harlot there.
- Jer 3:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Only acknowledge your iniquity, That you have transgressed against the LORD your God And have scattered your favors to the strangers under every green tree, And you have not obeyed My voice ,' declares the LORD.
- Jer 11:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD called your name, "A green olive tree, beautiful in fruit and form "; With the noise of a great tumult He has kindled fire on it, And its branches are worthless.
- Jer 17:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- As they remember their children, So they remember their altars and their Asherim By green trees on the high hills.
- Jer 17:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "For he will be like a tree planted by the water, That extends its roots by a stream And will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, And it will not be anxious in a year of drought Nor cease to yield fruit.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ra`anan". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".