The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7488|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||an(r|| ||Ra`anan|
| ||flourishing, fresh, green|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Jer 2:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For of old timeI have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot.
- Jer 3:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.
- Jer 3:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD.
- Jer 11:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD called thy name,A green olive tree, fair, and of goodly fruit: with the noise of a great tumult he hath kindled fire upon it, and the branches of it are broken.
- Jer 17:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Whilst their children remember their altars and their groves by the green trees upon the high hills.
- Jer 17:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ra`anan". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".