The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7778|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||r(w#|| ||Show`er|
| ||gatekeeper, gatekeepers, keeper|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- 2Ch 8:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now according to the ordinance of his father David, he appointed the divisions of the priests for their service, and the Levites for their duties of praise and ministering before the priests according to the daily rule, and the gatekeepers by their divisions at every gate; for David the man of God had so commanded.
- 2Ch 23:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "This is the thing which you shall do: one third of you, of the priests and Levites who come in on the sabbath, shall be gatekeepers,
- 2Ch 23:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He stationed the gatekeepers of the house of the LORD, so that no one would enter who was in any way unclean.
- 2Ch 31:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Kore the son of Imnah the Levite, the keeper of the eastern gate, was over the freewill offerings of God, to apportion the contributions for the LORD and the most holy things.
- 2Ch 34:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They were also over the burden bearers, and supervised all the workmen from job to job; and some of the Levites were scribes and officials and gatekeepers.
- 2Ch 35:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The singers, the sons of Asaph, were also at their stations according to the command of David, Asaph, Heman, and Jeduthun the king's seer; and the gatekeepers at each gate did not have to depart from their service, because the Levites their brethren prepared for them.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Show`er". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".