The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7778|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||r(w#|| ||Show`er|
| ||doorkeepers, porter|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- 2Ch 8:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he appointed, according to the order of David his father, the courses of the priests to their service, and the Levites to their charges, to praise and minister before the priests, as the duty of every day required: the porters also by their courses at every gate: for so had David the man of God commanded.
- 2Ch 23:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- This is the thing that ye shall do; A third part of you entering on the sabbath, of the priests and of the Levites, shall be porters of the doors;
- 2Ch 23:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he set the porters at the gates of the house of the LORD, that none which was unclean in any thing should enter in.
- 2Ch 31:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Kore the son of Imnah the Levite, the porter toward the east, was over the freewill offerings of God, to distribute the oblations of the LORD, and the most holy things.
- 2Ch 34:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also they were over the bearers of burdens, and were overseers of all that wrought the work in any manner of service: and of the Levites there were scribes, and officers, and porters.
- 2Ch 35:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the singers the sons of Asaph were in their place, according to the commandment of David, and Asaph, and Heman, and Jeduthun the king's seer; and the porters waited at every gate; they might not depart from their service; for their brethren the Levites prepared for them.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Show`er". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".