The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7778|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||r(w#|| ||Show`er|
| ||doorkeepers, porter|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 10 Verses|
- Ne 7:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now it came to pass, when the wall was built, andI had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed,
- Ne 7:45 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The porters: the children of Shallum, the children of Ater, the children of Talmon, the children of Akkub, the children of Hatita, the children of Shobai, an hundred thirty and eight.
- Ne 7:73 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the priests, and the Levites, and the porters, and the singers, and some of the people, and the Nethinims, and all Israel, dwelt in their cities; and when the seventh month came, the children of Israel were in their cities.
- Ne 10:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the rest of the people, the priests, the Levites, the porters, the singers, the Nethinims, and all they that had separated themselves from the people of the lands unto the law of God, their wives, their sons, and their daughters, every one having knowledge, and having understanding;
- Ne 10:39 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the children of Israel and the children of Levi shall bring the offering of the corn, of the new wine, and the oil, unto the chambers, where are the vessels of the sanctuary, and the priests that minister, and the porters, and the singers: and we will not forsake the house of our God.
- Ne 11:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Moreover the porters, Akkub, Talmon, and their brethren that kept the gates, were an hundred seventy and two.
- Ne 12:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Mattaniah, and Bakbukiah, Obadiah, Meshullam, Talmon, Akkub, were porters keeping the ward at the thresholds of the gates.
- Ne 12:45 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And both the singers and the porters kept the ward of their God, and the ward of the purification, according to the commandment of David, and of Solomon his son.
- Ne 12:47 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And all Israel in the days of Zerubbabel, and in the days of Nehemiah, gave the portions of the singers and the porters, every day his portion: and they sanctified holy things unto the Levites; and the Levites sanctified them unto the children of Aaron.
- Ne 13:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he had prepared for him a great chamber, where aforetime they laid the meat offerings, the frankincense, and the vessels, and the tithes of the corn, the new wine, and the oil, which was commanded to be given to the Levites, and the singers, and the porters; and the offerings of the priests.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Show`er". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".