The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7927|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ek#|| ||Sh@kem|
| ||Shechem, Shechem's|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Jos 17:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The border of Manasseh ran from Asher to Michmethath which was east of Shechem; then the border went southward to the inhabitants of En-tappuah.
- Jos 20:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So they set apart Kedesh in Galilee in the hill country of Naphtali and Shechem in the hill country of Ephraim, and Kiriath-arba (that is, Hebron) in the hill country of Judah.
- Jos 21:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They gave them Shechem, the city of refuge for the manslayer, with its pasture lands, in the hill country of Ephraim, and Gezer with its pasture lands,
- Jos 24:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel to Shechem, and called for the elders of Israel and for their heads and their judges and their officers; and they presented themselves before God.
- Jos 24:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and made for them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem.
- Jos 24:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now they buried the bones of Joseph, which the sons of Israel brought up from Egypt, at Shechem, in the piece of ground which Jacob had bought from the sons of Hamor the father of Shechem for one hundred pieces of money; and they became the inheritance of Joseph's sons.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Sh@kem". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".