The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8096|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||y(m#|| ||Shim`iy|
| ||Shimei, Shimhi, Shimi|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- 2Sa 16:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And when king David came to Bahurim, behold, thence came out a man of the family of the house of Saul, whose name was Shimei, the son of Gera: he came forth, and cursed still as he came.
- 2Sa 16:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And thus said Shimei when he cursed, Come out, come out, thou bloody man, and thou man of Belial:
- 2Sa 16:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And as David and his men went by the way, Shimei went along on the hill's side over against him, and cursed as he went, and threw stones at him, and cast dust.
- 2Sa 19:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Shimei the son of Gera, a Benjamite, which was of Bahurim, hasted and came down with the men of Judah to meet king David.
- 2Sa 19:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And there went over a ferry boat to carry over the king's household, and to do what he thought good. And Shimei the son of Gera fell down before the king, as he was come over Jordan;
- 2Sa 19:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But Abishai the son of Zeruiah answered and said, Shall not Shimei be put to death for this, because he cursed the LORD'S anointed?
- 2Sa 19:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore the king said unto Shimei, Thou shalt not die. And the king sware unto him.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Shim`iy". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".