The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8262|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||uq#|| ||Shaqats|
| ||abhorred, detest, make...detestable, render...detestable, utterly detest|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Le 11:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and they shall be abhorrent to you; you may not eat of their flesh, and their carcasses you shall detest.
- Le 11:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'These, moreover, you shall detest among the birds; they are abhorrent, not to be eaten: the eagle and the vulture and the buzzard,
- Le 11:43 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Do not render yourselves detestable through any of the swarming things that swarm; and you shall not make yourselves unclean with them so that you become unclean.
- Le 20:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'You are therefore to make a distinction between the clean animal and the unclean, and between the unclean bird and the clean; and you shall not make yourselves detestable by animal or by bird or by anything that creeps on the ground, whichI have separated for you as unclean.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Shaqats". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".